


I'm not one of these people who waxes nostalgic every moment of every day about kitschy garbage from the 80s and 90s, although I love shit from the 90s and guys looked pretty hot in the early and mid 90s. I really like that look (see: the guy creeping on Liv Tyler in Empire Records) where guys would push their hair straight back and it was all long and floppy and shit and sometimes they'd tie it in an ironic little pony tail. NO LONG MALE PONY TAILS, THOUGH. And all of the flannel and the combat boots. That was a comfortable and sexual decade.
Anyways, like I was saying, I'm not a sucker, but I am fond of things long forgotten. Things that weren't particularly good, or memorable, and were probably bad, that no one gives a fuck about anymore.
One day in 2003 while I was working at the now defunct fine bulk candy retailer, Sweets From Heaven, this dude who worked at the Cingular kiosk across the way came running over into the store. "Dude. You guys will never guess what I found under my bed today.... an UNOPENED TWO LITER OF SURGE." Surge was discontinued in 2001 (Wikipedia).
No comments:
Post a Comment